The Davidoff Center for the Treatment and Research of Cancer at Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center (RMC), combines Oncology, Hemato-oncology and Supportive Care for cancer patients. The Davidoff Center is world-renowned for its prevention, treatment, and research of malignant diseases. Keeping up to date with the latest medical and technological advances, we provide our patients with the most innovative treatment available. Furthermore, our staff is in frequent contact and consultation with other leading medical authorities from around the world. A second opinion, if required, will be provided by the field's leading experts. As our various departments are continuously involved in extensive research, we are constantly improving in all areas.
Our patients' wellbeing is of the utmost importance for us. Besides traditional medical care, the Integrative Medicine Unit offers complementary medicinal therapies. Specially trained professionals provide our patients with palliative care to improve their quality of life and increase their overall satisfaction. Patients are also offered nutritional and psychosocial counseling, all in a serene and reassuring environment. Our facilities are designed to provide paramount comfort and privacy to our patients.
Here at Davidoff, you are always in good hands.
The Davidoff Center for the Treatment and Research of Cancer at Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center (RMC), is a world-renowned facility aimed at preventing, treating and researching malignant diseases. Applying a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment, The Davidoff Center provides innovative medical care for over 16% of the Israeli population. Its dedicated staff includes over 60 physicians, 120 nurses, radiotherapy technicians, medical physicists, dieticians, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, physical therapists, research assistants and administrative staff. Utilizing cutting edge technology, Davidoff's specialists comprehensively diagnose and treat both Oncology and Hemato-Oncology patients.
Founded in 2005, The Davidoff Center is headed by Prof. Baruch Brenner, a world-renowned expert in Gastrointestinal Oncology and Clinical Research, as its Medical Director, Mrs. Juliet Dreyer, RN, a leading oncology nursing professional with extensive experience, locally and internationally, as its Head Nurse, Mrs. Gali Shabtai Tavor, a very experienced executive, with a record of multiple managerial positions, as its Head Administrator, and Mrs. Noa Chazani, an administrator with extensive experience in running development processes, including a position in Clalit's Headquarters, as Deputy Administrator in charge of the center's development plans.
The Davidoff Center has only recently expanded its facilities substantially, adding six stories to its already all-inclusive structure. It is our hope that this expansion will allow us to attain our medical and professional objectives, which include the following:
- Setting up specialized centers of excellence, each focusing on a specific field of cancer treatment. For example, just imagine a single center employing all leading experts in oncology. The potential breakthroughs in treatment and research are mind-staggering!
- Concentrating all services required to treat a specific condition in one building, preferably even on one floor. This is the first step in our shift to a one-stop-shop approach to cancer treatment. We are veering away from the current paradigm, in which the various services are scattered throughout the facility. This shift will make complicated procedures, such as bone marrow transplants, much more efficient.
- Retaining our current high standard of hospitalization. Since its founding, Davidoff Center's number of patients has doubled- and it is steadily increasing. Since this increase seems imminent, expanding our facilities is critical.
- Adding new services to our facilities, including, for example, cancer prevention and early detection clinics, a survivorship clinic and a patient education center.
In accordance with these aspirations, our six new floors will allow a substantial expansion of our current facilities:
- An ambulatory Hemato-Oncology floor - a daycare unit and clinics
- An ambulatory Oncology floor - a daycare unit and clinics
- A BMT floor dedicated to bone marrow transplant treatment- including hospitalization, clinic and day hospitalization services
- A supportive services floor designated for various services including palliative care and complementary medical treatment
- An administrative floor, which will include offices for staff, an auditorium and a modern compound for research teams.
- A floor featuring a recovery clinic, where patients can recuperate from diseases and/or treatments, while improving their quality of life. Here, patients will be able to adapt a healthier way of life through tutorials and workshops on the subject. This floor will also include a patient's education center and an ultra-modern pharmaceutical facility.