About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery has 20 beds. The Department's areas of activity are divided into several levels: clinical, research and academic activities. In addition, the department provides clinic and vascular lab services. The clinic provides diagnosis, treatment and division into conservative and/or surgical treatment of all venous or arterial blood vessel problems, edema of the extremities, excessive sweating of the palms and soles. In patients from the community and patients undergoing surgery in the department. The clinic provides consultation in these fields to other departments at Rabin Medical Center and to patients referred from other hospitals. The laboratory performs, inter alia, non-invasive tests in the areas of venous/arterial blood vessels - according to referrals.
• Surgical treatment of arterial problems in all parts of the body, except for brain and heart. The most common surgeries are leg artery bypass, aneurysm surgery, and dormant arteries surgery. Vascular surgery is combined with surgery in other departments.
• Radiological-surgical combined treatment of aortic aneurysms in the chest and abdomen, in cooperation with the Invasive Radiology Unit and the Cardiothoracic surgery center.
• Radiological treatment of vascular obstructions, aneurysms, and fistulae (in cooperation with the Invasive Radiology Unit). The most common operations are dilatation of the arteries in the legs with/without internal support.
• Conservative and surgical treatment of patient with severe edema in legs. The most common treatment is pneumatic removal of edema using the lymph-press system.
• Vascular access surgery for dialysis or oncology treatment purposes.
• Formation of an arterial-venous fistula, insertion of a Port-A-Cath.
• Surgery for the prevention of excessive palm sweating in the palms.
• Counseling hospital departments and patients in the outpatient clinics regardin blood vessels issues.
Each year, about 700 surgical procedures are performed under general/spinal or local anesthesia, of these about 500 are arterial surgeries: approximately 200 arterial reconstructions, approximately 100 procedure artery surgeries, approximately 50 aortic and aortic aneurysm surgical, and the rest are other operations of the arterial system. About 200 vascular access surgeries, about 100 fistula surgeries for dialysis purposes, about 80 Port-A-Cath insertion surgeries . About 40 other types of operation - amputations, surgery to prevent hyperhidrosis, etc. - 60 stent insertions due to chest or abdominal aorta aneurysm cases are performed.
The physician staff conducts ongoing professional activities in the department, in the operating rooms, in the vascular clinic and in the laboratory, and provides blood-vessel treatment counseling to other medical personnel at the medical center.
Academic and research activities
Conducting local clinical and basic studies or in a multi-national framework in the fields of vascular and lymphoma diseases, and publishing the results in professional magazines, and at conferences in Israel and around the world.
Lectures to various medical sectors - doctors, nurses, medical students - and the general public on the subject of vascular and lymphatic diseases.
10:00 - 21:00
Providing information to the patient:
During doctor's rounds
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 07:30 - 08:30, 14:00 - 15:00
Monday: 8:30 - 9:30, 14:00 - 15:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 9:00, 14:00 - 15:00