The unit staff cares for a wide variety of situations which oblige surgical interventions, including:
- Congenital defects who are mostly diagnosed during pregnancy: hiatal hernia, congenital esophageal atresia, duodenal atresia, intestinal atresia and imperforate anus.
- Routine surgeries: inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, hydrocele, Cryptorchidism, meatal stenosis, Congenital Aganglionic Megacolon, gastro-intestinal stromal tumor.
- Emergency situations: abdominal, thoracic and head injuries, limb injuries, burns, appendicitis, Peritonitis, testicular torsion, intussusception, bowel obstruction.
- Laparoscopic surgeries: appendicitis, Fundoplication, empyema, palm sweating, morbid obesity.
Each room admits two children. Next to each child bed there is a lounge chair for a parent, bathroom and toilet.
For your service we have a parents’ kitchen with hot and cold water, utensils for the parents and the children and a refrigerator to store items with identification stickers carrying the name of the child. Also, we have a laundry room for the parents, with sheets, pillows and blankets.
We have for you disposable diapers for the admitted child, for any age and weight.
Meals hours in the unit:
For babies until the age of one we have milk powders for self preparations, and you can get fruit mashes.
In case your child is admitted to the unit for one day or more, it is recommended that one of the parents stays with the child, during the admittance period, as well as overnight.
Leisure activity and game center
The unit has an educational system including teachers, games, various activities and creative works. Almost every day we receive a visit from a medical clown who makes wonders for the children and carries them to a world of fantasy and imagination.
As outpatient surgeries we perform surgeries such as inguinal hernia repair, umbilical hernia repair, fixing meatal stenosis and cryptorchidism, in children with no severe background illnesses. After your child underwent the preparation procedure, he will be asked to come as an outpatient on the morning of the surgery.
- Your child should fast according to the guidelines you receive from the secretary.
- After his admission, he will be examined by the anesthesiologist, the surgeon and the surgery nurse.
- It is recommended to have a toy or a favorite item to ease your child.
From the age of 9 months, one of the parents can enter the operating room with the child and stay with him until he is asleep.
After the surgery, your child will go to recovery, where you can stay with him until he is discharged. After a few hours, when the child is stabilized you will be discharged with a letter containing all the relevant recommendations for further treatment and an invite for follow up in our clinic.