The gynecological ultrasound unit provides ultra-sonic imaging and consultation services in all gynecological related areas.
The unit serves the gynecology and maternity wards, the gynecology emergency rooms and the delivery rooms, the gynecology clinics and the high-risk pregnancy clinics, as well as all the other units and emergency rooms in the hospital.
Also, the unit serves as an advisory unit for community doctors, in all HMOs.
The unit staff includes expert gynecologists, experienced ultra sound technicians and secretaries.
The unit is equipped with two 3D ultra sound devices, the advanced in the world.
Major areas of occupation:
- Ultra-sonic imaging of the pelvis and female reproductive system
- Ultra-sonic diagnosis of various fertility problems
- 2D and 3D imaging of the uterus structure and negation of structural faults of the female reproductive system
- Diagnosis of pathological processes in the pelvis, such as ovular cysts, uterine findings and uterine space findings
- Follow up on fertility processes including follicle follow up, endometrium and ovulation
- Performing ultra sound test to determine the gestational age of a pregnancy and its proper location
- Nuchal translucency test for single-fetus or multiple-fetus pregnancies
- Oriented system survey / flaws negation (when the survey or the pregnancy shows a problem) – tests to diagnose flaws and follow up over pathological conditions
- OB/GYN ultra sound exams – weight evaluation, growth follow up, flows in the fetal and uterine blood vessels.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- Amniotic fluid tab
- Dilution of fetuses in multi-fetus pregnancies – after committee approval
- Amniotic fluid tab based on obstetrics request
- US guided abscess draining (infections) in the pelvis