This is an outpatient clinic providing service to about 2000 children a year. A multi-disciplinary staff works in cooperation -doctors, nurses, nutritionist, psychologist and a medical secretary.
The clinic team provides answers for children and teens from infancy to 18 years of age, who arrive for primary diagnosis, treatment and follow up, if relevant.
Diagnosis and treatment of disorders connected with nutrition and the digestive system:
- Stomach aches
- Infectious bowel diseases – Crohn’s Diseases and Ulcerative Colitis
- Problems of constipation and encopresis
- Liver diseases
Endoscopic procedures are conducted in the gastroenterology clinic and include:
- Gastroscopy – endoscopy of the upper digestive system
- Colonoscopy – endoscopy of the lower digestive system
These procedures allow the performance of:
- Extraction of foreign bodies (usually an emergency procedure)
- Inserting a gastrostomy and replacing it (a feeding tube in the stomach wall)