Soroka University Medical Center of the Clalit group, is the third largest hospital in Israel and the only one in the Negev, which covers 60% of Israel's landmass.
A tertiary referral and trauma center with 1,150 hospital beds, Soroka provides medical services to the over one million residents of the Negev.
Clinical research at Soroka is at the forefront of science and technology, leading national and international cooperation in research and innovation, and is a key partner in the establishment of the first innovation district in IsraelSoroka University Medical Center, of the Clalit Group, is one of the largest hospitals in Israel and a leader in the medical field. It serves as a tertiary medical center and provides medical services to the more than one million residents of the Negev, a region that comprises more than 60 percent of the country's land area.
Soroka's devoted employees, who comprise the most significant element in the realization of its national mission, work continuously to provide advanced and exceptionally high-quality care, always placing patients and their needs at the center and serving as models for medical research and education.
Soroka is leader in:
the use of advanced technologies
Innovation, research and development
nurturing human capital and protecting human dignity and
Soroka leads in many fields and activities,
research, and advanced services, among them:
- The most active ED in Israel, with a quarter of a million visits annually and the shortest wait times.
- The delivery room at Soroka's Saban Birth and Maternity Center has the most births in the country and the most experienced medical team.
- The clinical results of Soroka's general, medicial, and pediatric intensive care units are among the best in the world.
- Cardiology Center – The Cardiology Service and the Cardiothoracic Surgery Ward at Soroka are leaders in terms of technology and innovation.
- The Brain Medicine Center combines research and clinical care in treating brain disease.
- The rate of hospital-acquired infections at Soroka is the lowest in the country.
- The Legacy Heritage Oncology Center and Dr. Larry Norton Institute is setting new standards for research and medical services in Israel
Clinical research at Soroka is at the forefront of science and technology, leading national and international cooperation in research and innovation, and is a key partner in the establishment of the first innovation district in Israel together with the Beer-Sheva Municipality, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, the Beer-Sheva High-Tech Park, and the IDF's Telecommunications Campus.
In the coming months, Soroka is expected to enter a period of unprecedented momentum in its development that will include the construction of new buildings, the opening of new services, and the assimilation of new medical technologies.
Facts & Figures:
Soroka University Medical Center is the largest employer in the Negev, with 5,000 employees, including 900 physicians and approximately 2,000 nurses.
Every year approximately:
- 6.5 million people pass through Soroka's gates
- 600,000 ambulatory visits
- 250,000 emergency room visits
- 17,000 births
- 30,000 surgeries
600 cardiothoracic surgeries
500 head & brain surgeries
Vision and Values
A Strategic Asset to Israel