Section Director: Prof. Doron Zahger
The teams of the Cardiology Section include physicians, nurses, technicians, and other skilled and highly experienced staff. They are responsible for providing professional health care and quality service and diagnosis of heart disease using sophisticated and advanced equipment in the frameworks of the wards and clinics of the Section.
Wards of the Section:
- Department of Cardiac Intensive Care and Cardiac Intermediate
- Intensive Care
Units of the Section:
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Electrophysiology and Pacemakers
- Pediatric Cardiology
Ambulatory services and clinics:
- General Cardiology Clinic
- Pre-catheterization Clinic
- Preventive Cardiology Clinic and Lipid Treatment
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Arrhythmia and Pacemaker Clinic
- Heart Valve Clinic
- Stress tests
- Echocardiography (including tranesophageal echocardiography and stress echocardiography)
- Holter tests
- Tilt Test
- Heart Mapping at the Isotopes Institute
- CT scans and MRI tests Imaging Institute
Academic Activities and Research of the Cardiology Section
Teaching Medical Residents:
Senior physicians in the Cardiology Section teach cardiology residents and doctors from other specialties who are doing rotations in the Division.
Specialized, tailored programs are built for the whole period of the residency.
This framework includes visits to hospital units, daily staff meetings, guided instruction on chapters of text books, various rotations in the cardiology, and participation in seminars and conferences.
The Cardiology Section teaches medical students, nursing students and students of Emergency Medicine (paramedics) at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), as well as medical students from the joint BGU Medical School for International Health in collaboration with Columbia University Medical Center.
The physicians of the Cardiology Section are engaged in clinical and basic research, as well as in the supervision of medical students completing work for MD and other degrees.