The Obstetrics and Gynecology Division provides a range of advanced services such as testing, diagnostics, surgery, outpatient services, services for adolescent girls, family planning services, high-risk pregnancy services, urogynecological services, in-vitro fertilization, and gynecological oncology. Advanced equipment and technology in the Division include three-dimensional ultra-sound, laparoscopic and endoscopic surgery, and more.
Some of the Division's services work in collaboration with other Medical Center units, such as the Genetics Institute (for genetic testing during pregnancy), laboratories, and more.
Facts and Figures:
- approximately 14,000 women give birth each year at Soroka
- 15,000 patients arrive at the Gynecological ER annually
- over 26,000 women visit the various gynecology clinics for diagnosis, counseling, and treatment
The Saban Birth and Maternity Center
The Saban Birth and Maternity Center is a joint project of the Saban Family, Clalit Health Services, and the Ministry of Health
The Saban Maternity CenterIn 2008, the Saban Center for Pediatric Medicine was inaugurated at Soroka, and its two buildings form a medical complex for pediatrics and obstetrics / gynecology that is among the most advanced in the country. The establishment of the two adjacent centers was made possible by the generous donation of Haim and Cheryl Saban.
The operation of the new complex represents a true milestone in the history of the Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, replacing the old crowded delivery room, which was built in the 1960s.
Specially designed and with vastly improved conditions, the Center offers residents of the Negev an exceptional birthing experience and the most advanced medical and hospitalization services available. The building was constructed to a very high standard, with ultramodern facilities and medical equipment, including two new emergency rooms (one maternity and one gynecology), advanced operating rooms, and 25 spacious, bombproof private delivery rooms.
The Saban Center was dedicated in November 2011 in a moving ceremony in the presence of Cheryl and Haim Saban, Clalit Health Services officials, and local dignitaries and public figuresThe Division's obstetrics and gynecology services are provided at The Saban Maternity Center in the following frameworks:
- Maternity ER and Delivery Room
- Gynecology ER
- Gynecology A,B
- Maternity A, B, C, D
- Gynecology Outpatient Ward
- Medical Units:
- IVF Unit
- Institute of Obstetric and Gynecological Ultrasound
- Gynecological Oncology
- Gynecology Clinic
- High-risk Pregnancy (HRP)
- Gynecology and Fertility Clinic
- Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic
- Adolescent Girls' Service in the Gynecology Clinic
- Urogynecology in the frameworks of Gynecology Wards A, B, and the Gynecology Clinic
- High-risk Pregnancy in gynecology wards A and B
- Family planning in the framework of the Gynecology Clinic